21 November 2012

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! :-)

My old posts continue! I have to break everything up with my modern stuff though. The most obvious thing is...Thanksgiving is tomorrow! This one is more difficult for me for obvious reasons, but I'm still looking forward to enjoying dinner with the fam and thanking God for the many blessings He has showered upon us. Here are just a few of the things I'm thankful for:

* Most of my family is still together.
* My baby cousin, Delonte! We were blessed with him before God called my Nana home to be with Him.
* Salvation.
* Amazing friends :)
* A great church
* The semester is almost over :D

...there are so many more things, but those are just the beginning.

Y'all know how much I love food, so I have to give you the Turkey day menu. Tomorrow, we'll have:


Ham
Turkey
Fried chicken
Garden salad
Green beans
Kale (or collards) with turkey neck
Corn
Mashed potatoes
Mashed turnips
Cranberry sauce
Gravy
Stuffing
Rolls
Sweet potatoes
Apple pie
Cherry pie
Cheesecake
Red Velvet cake
Lemon pound cake
Vanilla ice cream

My family does Skiaki too with a few other families that we know, so on Saturday, this is what we'll be munching:


Miso soup
Dim sum (dumplings; pretty sure I have either the Cantonese or wrong Romanisation lol)
Lumpia
Chicken fried rice
Pork fried rice
Shrimp fried rice
Lo mein
Another dish whose name I cannot remember
Rolls
Pound cake
Lemon squares
Mint chocolate chip cookies
Chocolate mousse pie

It's not all Japanese, but it all tastes good! :D

Hair wise, I currently have my two strand twists up in a little puff thing with a curly twist on a Kpop bang in the front (I'll have to find a pic to post). I'm still trying to decide how to wear my hair for Thanksgiving tomorrow. I'm thinking of untwisting my ends and pinning them outwards to make a bun. Or, I could do a twist out. I'm leaning towards a bun, because I hate the feeling of cold air on my loose hair. Hmm...


So, curly girls, what are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? What does your Thanksgiving menu look like? What are you doing with your 'do for Turkey Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment