29 December 2011

My 2012 Health Challenge

You may already know about the 12 Inches in 12 Months Challenge that FreedomCurl posted on her blog and in the CurlyNikki forums. I'm definitely in on this challenge, as are many other naturalistas. Alongside this hair growth challenge, I'm going to challenge myself physically as well. I've long been overweight, and this year my weight seems to have spiraled out of control. With college quickly approaching, I've realized that I don't want to be the "fat girl" on campus. I'd like to have fun picking out clothes for that long drive/plane ride to the university grounds. I want my self-confidence to increase. I owe this to my family as well. High blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, and many other weight-related diseases run rampant in both sides of my family. I want to stop that cycle. Above these other reasons (however well-intentioned) is the ultimate motivation: my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. In 1 Corinthians 6:19, Paul asks the church in Corinth "Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?" I am not bringing glory to God by being lazy, eating unhealthy foods, and not participating in physical activity. So, from 1 January 2012 to 30 July 2012, I'm going to be totally changing my lifestyle: daily spiritual food, consistent exercise, healthy eating, etc. I'll be posting a detailed, seven-month plan for each aspect of this challenge (spiritual, health-wise, and hair-wise) either tomorrow or Saturday.

Hasta luego, chicas!

No comments:

Post a Comment